St Paul Bicycle Racing Club Board Meeting Meeting minutes Aug 24, 2015, by Peter Fischer
Board Members Present: Steve Hirsh, Brian Duncan (Probable new treasurer), Bryan Hill, Barry Schmitt, Diedre Ribbens, Dan Casebeer, Dave Montgomery, Shannon McDonough, Fred Storti, Carrie Seipp, Tom Grothe, Peter Fischer
- Minutes of May 18 were approved.
- Anti-doping policy is not ready. (Deirdre)
- Probable new treasurer, Brian Duncan, was welcomed.
- Jersey order re-do, Fred and Barry did a lot of work to get them out. The plan is for them to do jerseys next year.
- Drop dead sponsor limit is mid November so jerseys timeline is met.
- St. Peter TT, August 8, report. 103 participants. Reports are that it was very well run. Results were turned around very quickly. There was about $100 shortfall, mostly due to higher insurance coverage ($500) required by Nicollet County. Thanks to the many volunteers, and especially Rod Sebastian!
- Joining club at end of the year: decided Sept. 1 or later is an early registration and gets a new member 16 months of membership. Carrie will change the website.
- 2016 races: TT will be on the agenda for the Oct. meeting, we need a Race Director.
- 2016 races: Dakota crit: discussed that it is expensive to rent at Dakota also idea of sharing with another club. Carrie will check into costs of State Fair grounds: the thinking is to just continue with this venue / series into July and August.
- Planning for October annual meeting: the planning committee is Shannon, Fred, and Steve. Shawn will do a newsletter in last week of September to announce.
- Elite team structure and support: there will be a separate meeting of board members to discuss in early September. Then a meeting with Team Directors.
- Communication: Sponsors. Mentioned newsletters. Tom Kunau will put a packet together for sponsors. Again encouraged to put good race pics in the dropbox.
- Communication: Members. Minutes should talk of October Annual meeting, last two weeks of October.
- Bryan and Brian will reregister with the Secretary of State.
- To-do list for the fall: not covered this meeting.