Minutes from 2-November-2016

St. Paul Bicycle Racing Club Board Meeting

Meeting Minutes November 2, 2016

  • Board Members Present: Steve Hirsh, Dan Casebeer, Monte, Brian Duncan, Fred Storey, Alec, Tom Goethe, Tom K, Brit, and Tom McDonald

New Business:

Beginning Racing Program (BRP):

  • One focus of the club this year is to increase BRP participation.
  • Discussed talking with the Twin Cities Bicycling Club (TCBC) to see if they will advertise to their members via their website.
  • Will determine whether can post on Minnesota Cycling Federation (MCF) website.
  • Will determine whether can post flyers at bike shops (e.g., Eric’s, Penn). Will confer with Bob at Now Sports to see if can post flyer at that bike shop.
  • Tom M volunteered to create the flyer, with help from Brit.
  • BRP flyer/information will be posted on SPBRC.net website.
  • Tom M will give flyer to Tim to post on the sites.
  • We expect BRP will have 5 coaches this year.
  • Will move the BRP location from Ft. Snelling to the State Fairgrounds.
  • BRP will start Monday, April 24 with 5 sessions on the road and one session at the Blaine velodrome. Cost is $85 for the 6-session BRP package, or $145 for the 6-session BRP package, annual membership to SPBRC, and a jersey.
  • Discussed whether additional insurance is required for the BRP. Insurance waivers are signed by all BRP participants and kept, but need to determine whether additional insurance is required through USA Cycling. Tom M will contact Steve R to identify whether additional insurance coverage is needed.
  • Discussed possibility of rides after the BRP sessions have concluded. Suggested that elite, active, and/or womens team members could lead the rides.
  • Alec will confer with the elite team, and Tim will put call out to membership to find other volunteers to lead rides.

Sponsorship

  • To date, Foley Mansfield has paid $2500 for the 2017 and 2018 seasons (juniors team)
  • Board needs to discuss more as assumed it was $2500 for one year, rather than for both years.
  • Lloyd’s Automotive has paid $1250 for the 2017 season. They paid $2500 for the 2016 season, but decided to reduce their financial support by 50%.
  • December 15th is deadline for sponsors to be on the jersey.
  • Board needs to determine whether, if the other sponsors do not provide their payments by the December 15th deadline, to remove them from the jersey.
  • At the October membership party, volunteers from the membership were identified as point persons for each sponsor. Tom K will reach out to those volunteers to meet with the sponsors before December 15th to collect the 2017 sponsorship funds.

Race Dates

  • Doug wil be at the MCF meeting to discuss dates for the Crits at the State Fairgrounds.
  • Need to look at the date for the State Time Trial in August -- needs to be weekend other than that for the Firehouse 50.
  • Do we raise the race fees?
  • Will Lydia stay on as race director?

Additional Notes

  • Next meeting will be on December 12th or 19th.

  • Will check with Hart to see what date he is available. Topics will include sponsorship/collecting sponsorship payments, and clothing.