Minutes from 16-Feb-2016

St. Paul Bicycle Racing Club Board Meeting

Meeting Minutes Februrary 16, 2016

 

Board Members Present: Brian Duncan, Dan Casebeer, Dave Montgomery, Doug Malmgren, Shannon McDonough, Fred Storti, Tom Grothe, Steve Hirsch, Tom McDonald, Kathryn Jensen, Mona Laplant,  and Eric Nauman

 

Old Business

 

·         The December 2015 and January 2016 minutes were approved by the Board.

·         Treasurer’s Report (Brian Duncan):

o   Discussed whether need multiple credit cards.  Board decided to keep one credit card vs. multiple cards.

o   Accounts are in good order

o   Brian needs to create invoices for this year’s sponsors’ payments

·         Crit Sponsorship Update (Doug Malmgren)

o   Scheduled for two dates:  July 12th and 19th; possibly July 26th. 

o   Discount for riders doing all 12 races (State Fair Crit Race Series) – reduced entry fees for the series at the fairground

·         State Time Trial Update (Steve Hirsch)

o   Lydia Gutowsky is new race director

o   Lydia will arrange a planning meeting; details to follow

o   August 6th is set in the MCF calendar

·         Sponsor Photo Book Update (KJ)

o   Book is complete and sent to Mixbook for printing

o   Copies have been delivered to Grand Performance

o   Dan sent message to Charlie and Tom to deliver books, jerseys, and 2016 invoices to sponsors.  Monty and Fred will accompany Charlie/Tom on deliveries.

·         Spring Party Update (Group)

o   Date is set for April 5th

o   Lori is planning food for 100 people

o   Program

§  Elite Men’s, Elite Women’s, and Juniors teams will be presented

§  Board members will be presented

§  Clothing will be distributed

o   Leftover jerseys from last year will be sold on the website after the spring party (date TBD)

·         Bylaws Review (Eric)

o   Board approved Eric’s revisions

o   Article 3:  Covers requirements for paid membership, current club jersey, and following all club policies

o   Eric will distribute updated bylaws to the club at large for review within the week.

o   Tom will work with Tim to add bylaws to club website once they are approved.

 

New Business

·         Beginning racing program (BRP) needs to be discussed, including:

o   Start date

o   Who in charge

o   Who is signed up

 

Next meeting:  March 15, 2016