St. Paul Bicycle Racing Club Board Meeting
Meeting Minutes June 6, 2016
Board Members Present: Brian Duncan, Dan Casebeer, Dave Montgomery, Shannon McDonough, Tom McDonald, Kathryn Jensen, Eric Nauman, Bonny Donzella, Tom Grothe, Fred Storti, Tom Kunau, and Brit Billingsley
* May 2016 minutes were approved.
* Freddie Rodriguez Events
o Ride with Fast Freddie (Andy R. will coordinate)
* Sunday, July 17, 8:00 a.m.
* Starts and ends at Grand Performance
* Casual Ride (40-50 miles)
* Free for SPRC and Omnium members
* SPRC will pay for coffee and donuts
o Evening with Fast Freddie
* Monday, July 18, 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
* Summit Brewery (Lori has reserved location)
* SPRC and Omnium members: Free
* Non-members: $25/person
* Event will be used as a recruitment tactic and fundraiser
* Non-members who sign up for SPRC membership before or after the event will be charged for $55 SPRC membership only (no fee for event)
* Tom M. created an event flyer, which will be posted on the SPRC and MCF websites.
* Leftover 2016 SPRC jerseys will be offered for sale at a reduced price of $30/jersey. For each jersey sold, $20 will go to club and $10 to the Fast Freddie Foundation.
* To do:
* Order food
* Set up SPRC and Omnium member check-in
o Grand Performance Shop Kit
* Dan is arranging for shop kit (vintage design; made by Fast Freddie Apparel) to be sold on the SPRC website.
* All proceeds will go to the SPRC junior team
* Hope to have the kits available prior to the event
* 2017 SPRC Kit Design:
o Multiple designs were submitted.
o The board voted and narrowed the submissions to 5 designs for vote. (One of the 5 options is to use the same design as 2016.)
o Bonny will email the membership a SurveyMonkey link to submit their vote for one of the 5 designs.
o Deadline for votes is June 24.
* Sponsorship plan – Tom Kunau:
o Tom K. presented a long-term sponsorship plan.
o To do:
* Develop a task list and timeline with a back-planning date of November 1 2016.
* Add a brainstorming session at a future date for the long-term plan.
* Prepare a short-term by June 20.
* Obtain an update from Charlie V. on the current sponsors, the status of the distribution of mix books, jerseys, and invoices for current sponsors. (Dan sent an email for an update from Charlie but has not received a response.)
* No new business
Next meeting: June 20, 2016 (Special session to discuss sponsorship plan)