St. Paul Bicycle Racing Club Board Meeting
Meeting Minutes December 20, 2016
Board Members Present: Hart Keller, Dan Casebeer, Monte, Brian Duncan, Fred Storey, Tom Goethe, Eric Nolan, KJ, Mona, and Tom McDonald
- State Time Trial – scheduled for August 12, 2017. Still held at St. Peter. Lydia will be race director.
- State Fair Crits – still trying to get 3 dates, basically the same time frame in July as was the case for 2016. Will follow up with Doug (?) to confirm.
- Discussed having a sponsor for each Crit race, e.g., Lloyd’s Automotive Night. More discussion needed.
- Discussed request from Mike Delany to hold 6 Crit races rather than the current 3. More discussion needed.
Idea -- get each of the teams (i.e., the Womens, Elite, Juniors) to lead a club ride
- Need to discuss whether the club needs more insurance if we do these rides.
- Need to identify who leads which rides.
- Hart will check with MORC to see how they do these kinds of rides.
- Discussed option to have more club rides after the BRP. (Also need to investigate whether/how much additional insurance required for the BRP.)
- Need to coordinate publicty for the BRP with other bike shops and social media outlets.
Need more people to volunteer.
Some have expressed dissatistfaction with changes to the dues structure.
- Lloyd's Automotive has paid $1,250 for 2017.
- Foley Mansfield has paid $5,000 for 2017 and 2018 for the Junior program.
- Blue Plate - Monte will check with them for payment.
- Dunn Brothers - Dan emailed Andy regarding payment.
- Summit - Still owes $2,500 for 2017.
- Sponsors want more for their money than just appearing on jerseys.
- Need Elite Team members to promote the sponsors in order to retain them.
- The Elite Team's budget needs to be reduced from last year.
- The new budget has not yet been determined.
Promotion of European Trip
- Eric raised possibility for club members to go on European tour.
- Board members did not feel it appropriate to publicize such an event.
- Agreed it is OK to publicize via social media (e.g., Facebook) but without the club's endorsement.
- Fred will get the fit kit to GP around the first of the year. (Note: It arrive 1/2/17)
- The LG store on the web site to purchase the clothing will be up by January 6.
January 17, 2017 at 5:45 pm.
February 13, 2017 at 5:45 pm.
Spring meeting will be held on April 5th at Summit