St. Paul Bicycle Racing Club Board Meeting
Meeting Minutes Aug. 21, 2017
Board Members Present: Brian Duncan, Dan Casebeer, Dave Montgomery, Shannon McDonough, Tom McDonald, Kathryn Jensen, Eric Nauman, , Tom Grothe, Fred Storti, Mona LaPlant, Hart Kuller
- No change. We had an opportunity with Warm Skin, however no action was taken.
- Summit, Lloyds, Foliey Mansfeild are paid sponsors.
Crit Du Nord
- 126 members
- 37 non volunteers
- 71 volunteers
- 14 juniors
- 4 BRP
Recap of this year
- No picture / sponsor tags on Facebock, Instgram, twitter for either Women’s or Men’s teams.
- Can we afford Woman’s and Men’s Elite Teams?
- Why do we have Elite Teams?
- We purposed to change focus of the club from Racing to Member focused club.
- We need to get member to show up to events. Grand Fondo’s? Club Rides?
- We would still support induvial riders for Racing, but would need to come to board and ask for funding
- Sponsor are Club and Racing Team Sponsors.
- The culture of the clubs is changing.
- We could support Team in the future when we could better funding sources.
- We need to think about this and make a decision.
- Tom G. will talk to Dale.
Fred’s Labor Day ride
- Fred proposed to have box lunches and Beer for after ride.
- Two rides one 45 and 65 miles. Leaving from Marine on the St.Croix.
Next meeting: Sept 25, 2017